The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing. - Stephen Covey

FORUM

Go ahead and POST!

Monday, September 03, 2012

RIP Mean Lion


I love telling people I got to be in a movie with Michael Clark Duncan, though I never got to meet him personally.  I did have an onscreen battle with him, or more specifically the Mean Lion that he voiced for George of the Jungle 2. 


I always admired his work.  He brought an immense humanity along with his immense form.  His basso profundo voice added to his larger-than-life presence.  He was known for many roles, including the role of John Coffey in The Green Mile for which he got nominated for an Academy Award. 

Michael passed away this morning, finally succumbing to complications of a heart attack he suffered in July.  If you have ever had the pleasure of being touched by his work, please send a kind thought to his family and his memory.

All Things Possible,
Chris














6 Comments:

  • At 4:56 PM, September 04, 2012 , Blogger Tim said...

    This truly saddened me. He was way too young and I feel for his family. I love this man's work and look forwards to the two yet to be released productions he is in.

     
  • At 7:55 PM, September 04, 2012 , Blogger Dave W said...

    Chris,
    Consider the kind thought sent. I was saddened as well when I heard the news, especially since I missed the news about his earlier heart problems. He was an excellent mean lion of course, but it was in "The Green Mile" that I really first took notice of him as an actor and I enjoyed every performance I saw from him since. To me he captured "The Kingpin" in Daredevil (a bright spot in an otherwise pedestrian super hero flick) and it was fun to recognize his voice in so many animated shows - and there were a lot of them. Plus in interviews he just seemed to be an all round nice guy. He'll be missed.

    DaveW

     
  • At 10:34 PM, September 04, 2012 , Blogger SusanGail said...

    I had a thought to check for new topic just now, and am glad I did. I saw the news headline while on the road, and kept thinking the name somehow connected with you. Now I know why. It seems we've lost too many actors in recent times. Thanks for posting, and I send my prayers of blessings and comfort to his family.

     
  • At 5:40 AM, September 05, 2012 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Very sad. He certainly broke the mold, and improved and brought interest to every production he was part of. Definetely left us too soon, but thank goodness he was around all the years that he was. Rest In Peace.....L.B.

     
  • At 2:56 PM, September 05, 2012 , Anonymous Alex said...

    Another very sad news. As a matter of fact so many actors, actresses, artists passed away lately and in the last years. May he (and they) rest in peace. Heartfelt condolences to his (and their) family and friends.

     
  • At 10:54 PM, September 05, 2012 , Blogger Tanya said...

    Thank you so much for posting this and we were all sadden by this loss. My prayers have already been sent to his family and friends. Will not post my regular send off because I am sure that Michael is already flying.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home